Wednesday 24 October 2012

Smelling of Roses

Regular readers may have noticed that I adore the scent of rose. Anything with the vague whiff of rose gets my heart racing. A few years ago, a very good friend of mine, came to visit from the USA and I managed to convert her into the rose adoration society. She was duly sent home with a case full of Jo Malone Red Roses.

So, this week, I discovered an amazing rose balm, that really is sublime, and wanted to share it, not only with the beautiful Emma, but also with you all. And it's extra special because it also comes from one of my favourite cosmetic brands, By Terry. 



Baume de Rose is a balm like no other. It's not a greasy lip balm, or overly thick lotion, but a real balm. Nourishing, soothing and regenerating is how it describes itself, but I would have to argue. It is not only nourishing, soothing and regenerating, but also deliciously scented, the perfect texture and packaged in the most luxurious pot that three words simply do not do it justice.  It's a lip balm slash multi-purpose balm that is bloody brilliant, even Fifi wants to slap it on (seriously, I have to wrestle it off her!). Trust me on this, if you like rose and you like lip balm or multipurpose balms (it does dry patches/cuticles etc), do not bother looking anywhere else. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but a little goes a very long way, and it's worth it, just for the smell if nothing else!


Baume de Rose, By Terry, £35 from Space Nk stores nationwide and online


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....