Thursday 24 January 2013

10 Things I Want my Son to Know


A few months ago, I wrote a blog post about 10 things I want my daughter to know. I spent a long time writing it, and hope that she takes some of it on board as she grows up. Well, this week I decided to write a blog post to my gorgeous little boy, with some lessons for him.


It’s ok to cry sometimes, it doesn’t mean you are weak, just human (and you had lots of practice as a baby)

Never be scared to express yourself. Love letters are a legacy, if you ever need help ask your Dad, he’s a pro.

Anyone can throw a punch, it’s not very cool

I’ve told your sister, and I’m going to tell you, think very carefully before you have a tattoo or piercing. Very carefully, they don’t always look so good when you get older (look at my tummy for proof!)

Pick you career carefully, there’s no rush. Find something you love, not something you think other people want you to do.

Love your sister, protect her. She will be your best friend if you let her.





If you can’t accept a girl with no make up on (or in pjyamas/tracksuit bottoms etc), you don’t deserve her in a wedding dress.

Never stop learning. Read, travel and open your mind. The world is a wonderful place, I wish I had seen more, read more, tried more. Spread your wings.

You are braver than you think. Remember that when you feel scared.

I gave you your first kiss, your first cuddle and I loved you first. Never forget that I will love you, no matter what.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely, heartfelt words of wisdom. Can you come round and tell the same to my 3 boys? You put it so much better than I ever could :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....